When Mom calls asking what you want for Christmas:
I'm no Oprah, but here are a few of MY favorite things!
FOR THE KITCHEN:
- Ian gave me this coffee maker for Christmas Last year, and it's gotten more use than perhaps any gift I've ever received. Pour-over makes the smoothest cup of coffee, and it makes me slow down for a moment to appreciate the finer things in life, like coffee.
- Tim Goldman turned me on to this kettle that heats my water to the perfect temp for pour-over.
- These organic compostable food storage bags put less plastic in landfills and oceans!
- Homemade applesauce and chili are my 2 favorite crockpot recipes. And when you drop it and break it (as I did this year,) it's easy to replace at $45.
FOR TRAVEL OR HOME:
Kettlebells are part of your journey, you can keep a few at home! But
watch the site for a Free Shipping deal! (Or check Craigslist. People
are selling these babies all the time!)
- Do your soft tissue a favor and keep one of these at home!
- I used this Suspension Trainer in my hotel room while I was traveling in Korea. It clips over your door and gives you more options for bodyweight training.
- I love my Jade yoga mat, and you bet your ass I got it in purple!
- Pack a couple of these in your suitcase and you can get in a workout anywhere. Long layover? No problem! No hotel gym? No problem!
- Level up your selfies with a phone case that sticks to any non-porous surface. Hint: stick it to a window for incredible natural lighting!
- Keep a portable battery in your bag for all the times you get stuck on the MTA with a near-dead phone battery! This one charges my phone 8x per charge. This was one of my Christmas gifts to Ian last year!
FOR THE MIND:
- Headspace is my favorite meditation app. Not too new-agey, with tons of different meditations to support your goals. And I love Andy's accent.
- One of the best books on change, regardless of your goals.
FOR THE GYM:
- When I find a Nike tank I like, I buy multiple colors, and 2 in black!
- My favorite socks!
- I KNOW! I KNOW! $125?!?!? First of all, Charlie runs a sale every holiday weekend: 20% off $200, 30% off $300 and 40% off $400. So I never pay full price. But also, these shorts are the perfect length, have a perfect iPhone pocket (I can run without worrying that my phone will fall out,) and they just fit so darn well. And I've tried Lululemon, Gap, Nike, and so many other brands. When I feel confident that I look good at the gym, I have a better workout.
- Great for trips to the gym in the winter, but also great for wearing around the house or out to run errands. I'm wearing them right now as I write this blog post!
- I don't have this one yet (because I have so many Everlane bags) but I'm asking for it for Christmas this year! I love Everlane because they never have flashy labels, and they're committed to sustainability and transparency. From sweaters to bags, I love everything I've bought from this brand!
- I have ripped so many headphones out of my ear by catching the wires on doorknobs, bed posts, etc. OW! For my birthday this year I got these headphones and put an end to that!
PRO TIP: Buy them at Best Buy with the Geek Squad Replacement Plan, and you can get a new pair after 2 years AT NO ADDITIONAL COST!
- How many protein shakes have leaked in your bag?!?! So far, this is the best one I've found!
Hope you've enjoyed this collection of MY favorite things. Want some help with your fitness and nutrition consistency in 2019? Come coach with me!