I Want a Wedding


Current mood: hopeful 
Category: Romance and Relationships

I sang at the wedding of my best friend from college today. It was an emotional experience. Last night at the rehearsal dinner, Louis' father got up to say a few words. His father toasted his bride-to-be, Stephanie, saying that one couldn't wish for a more beautiful, talented daughter-in-law. I want my father to love someone I love and welcome them into his family. Louis' dad then went on to tell how much he's learned from Louis and how proud Louis has made him. Who doesn't long for that?



Before their closest friends and family, Louis and Stephanie vowed to love and support each other for the rest of their lives. The friends and family then vowed to support them in this commitment. The minister discussed the importance of becoming one and living sacrificially, placing your spouse's needs above your own. I want to make a public commitment to the one I love that I will love and cherish them "'til death do us part." 

At the reception, both fathers welcomed their new son or daughter-in-law into their families, and the two families danced and drank the night away together, reveling in their love for the newly committed couple while the couple reveled in their love for each other. I want my family to welcome my future partner with open arms, and I want to be welcomed into another's family with equal warmth. 

Today's wedding was warm, heart-felt, and sincere. The service was simple and elegant. The music spoke of love that makes life worth living. The commitments were solemn and beautiful. 



Ubi caritas et amor Deus ibi est. (Where there is charity and love, there God is.)



I want a wedding.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER KNEW I COULD FEEL LIKE THIS

Three Things Your (Gay) Christian Kid Needs to Hear from You