Was 2006 A Bust?

Current mood: hopeful 
Category: Goals, Plans, Hopes
After Kirsten's bulletin about her horrible 2006, I started to look back on 2006. My first instinct was that 2006 was a bad year for me too, but when I started thinking about it, I wondered whether my instincts were serving me correctly. So, when forced to make a complicated decision, I once learned that you should make a list of Pros and Cons. So here goes:

Ways that 2006 sucked: 
big breakup overseas, living with a friend while waiting to get back into my condo after the breakup, making less money than 2005, Tia moved to Minnesota, Tim H moved to Boston, Bethany moved to Canada

Great things about 2006: 
no longer teaching in Chicago Public Schools, no retail for the first 9 months, living in Italy, working at the Winter Olympics, seeing Olympic events for free, cruise with Jason through the Caribbean, my new car, performing in A New Brain with La Costa Theatre, meeting Christi Lynn and having her come see my show, Turandot and Il Trovatore at Lyric Opera, my remodeled kitchen, traveling to the east coast to visit Kacey and Laurie, a weekend in New York City, camping in Mackinaw for Labor Day weekend with my parents, my first trip to Paris, meeting Andy and Ryan, strengthening friendships with other friends, biking with Joe at the Palos Forest Preserve, my brother's college graduation, gaining Steve as roommate, working out with Tim, learning that I will be an uncle in 2007, Ryan's New Year's Party

I have a lot of things to be thankful for. I have great friends, a wonderful family, and a great Chicago home. What more could I wish? Well, let's make those my resolutions for 2007:

1. True Love
2. Job Satisfaction
3. Six Pack Abs

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER KNEW I COULD FEEL LIKE THIS

Three Things Your (Gay) Christian Kid Needs to Hear from You