The End Approaches

Mom & Dad left early Tuesday morning. I was able to join them for the 2nd and 3rd period of the Switzerland - Russia Women's Hockey Game on Monday night and we came home to watch the Gold-medal winning performance of the Canadian Ice Dancers. It truly was beautiful. I used to scoff at Ice Dancing, but now I think I might actually like it. And I certainly have respect for what they do. Their performances were so smooth and quick and very artistic.

Tuesday after work, I headed home for a quick treadmill run and a shower, and later that night I joined Trevor, Philip, Ryan & Jae for homemade pizza at Ryan & Jae's! It was nice to sit on a couch and just hang out with friends. We watched the women's short program and were so happy that Joannie Rochette pulled out such a great performance in the face of her mother's death Sunday.

Work has slowed considerably, as most people have already picked up their orders. Still, the stress of working 40 days in a row is getting to me, and I confess my moods have been swinging.
Tuesday at noon, Ema (a manager with us in Beijing) was in town and stopped by for lunch. We went to PHAT. Today, I was able to meet Josh Sandoz (a friend from Taylor who lives in Seattle) and his wife for lunch. I took them to PHAT too! They'd just gotten their hands on some Short Track Speed Skating tickets for tonight and were excited about seeing Apollo Anton Ono skate! (I saw him skate on the 13th!)

The goodbyes are starting--I'm meeting Leslie for dinner tonight. Only 5 more nights in Vancouver, so I'll have to make the most of it! I was disappointed to look up my flight today and see that I'm not leaving until Monday night (I had been mentally preparing to sleep in my own bed on Monday night.) It will allow me to have brunch with friends on Monday before I leave, though, so let's look at the positive side of the situation!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER KNEW I COULD FEEL LIKE THIS

Three Things Your (Gay) Christian Kid Needs to Hear from You