An Exciting Week

Sunday morning I got up and boarded a flight to Seattle. From there, I hopped on another jet to LAS VEGAS! I was finally taking part in my first Gap Field Leadership Conference! When I arrived, I checked in with Gap and The Mirage, and strolled down the strip with Jeff to shop at The Forum Shops at Caesar's Palace. Troy and I took a jog on the treadmill, then showered and met Gina in the lobby for a drink. We hopped a cab to New York, New York, where we had dinner at the Italian restaurant and saw Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity.

Monday, we were in meetings all day, and the General Session began at 5:30pm with an address by our inspiring Vice President of Store Operations, Barbara Cook. Jeff (my roommate and former boss) and my old store manager Shannon, had been selected to be a part of the surprise fashion show, a presentation of Summer 2010, starring Gap General Managers as the models! It was great! Then Gap had reserved the Jet Night Club at the Mirage for our exclusive use for drinks and dinner. Gina and I took off a bit early, because we wanted to see another Cirque show, Mystere, at Treasure Island!

Tuesday, we were in meetings all day again, getting psyched up to take control of our business for 2010, and also giving back. We raised money for Haiti's earthquake victims, and the Central Region alone brought in over $8000. Gap Inc. contributions from employees are now reaching $200,000. It made me proud to be a part of a company that gives back. It was my last night in Vegas, but everyone was so tired from all the meetings that we didn't stay out very late. Wednesday morning, after a final General Session, I headed for the LV airport to head back to Vancouver by way of Seattle.

Thursday morning, it took a few hours to get back into the groove, but now I'm rockin' and rollin'. Our operation is feeling organized and prepared, so bring on the Games! Last night, I finally got to meet up with my Tibet travel-buddy John! It was so good to see him again. We've been friends since our days with SanPaolo in Torino, Italy, working for the 2006 Winter Olympics. So good to catch up after a year and a half!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER KNEW I COULD FEEL LIKE THIS

Three Things Your (Gay) Christian Kid Needs to Hear from You