Night Of A Thousand Stars

Evan Lysacek, 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist, Men's Figure Skating


Through the generosity of Bronze Medalist Allison Baver (friend of a colleague,) I was invited to The USA House last night, where the Figure Skating stars were out! I rode the elevator to the 2nd Floor with Evan Lysacek and my heart started pounding. "I Gotta Feeling," The Black Eyed Peas catchy anthem, started running through my head! I met Elana on the 3rd floor and we headed down to the 2nd to get some drinks. In a corner, we found Dick Button chatting with Kristi Yamaguchi and Evan. Nearby, Tara Lipinksi and Michelle Kwan were chatting with friends. There were plenty of other skiiers and athletes I didn't even recognize. After we got a picture with Evan, we wandered around a bit more and Sasha Cohen arrived. We caught her before she left for a picture.

Sasha Cohen, 2006 Olympic Silver Medalist, Figure Skating

(I saw her skate in Torino, and I loved her on Project Runway!)


After USA House shut down, Allison took us all to Club Bud, where the bronze medal around her neck got us all in the door without a line, and into the upstairs VIP Lounge, where Johnny Weir and Sasha Cohen were schmoozing with other athletes. I met Johnny on the stairs and got a picture. Elana and I made our way to the dance floor and danced with some work colleagues, then went back up to the lounge. There were a bunch of other Olympians hanging around, including Sarah Hughes, and some others we didn't recognize. Jeret Peterson, who won the Silver in Men's Aerials yesterday, introduced himself to us. Elana and I capped off the night by getting a CANADA Airbrush Tattoo. Last night was a blast!


For all the pictures, Click Here

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NEVER KNEW I COULD FEEL LIKE THIS

Three Things Your (Gay) Christian Kid Needs to Hear from You